NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for
Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
This qualification is a perfect choice if you wish to make health and safety your career.
Completing this qualification will give you the knowledge and practical skills you need to perform as a leading health and safety professional of the future. You will gain confidence in your capabilities to recognise and solve everyday health and safety issues and take opportunities for improvement. This advanced international health and safety qualification will support your academic and career progression.
The qualification deliberately looks at general workplace issues so that is can be applied in the many different sectors in which health and safety professionals may work.On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
- Advise on the types of legislation likely to apply, the relevance of ILO and non-government bodies’ guidance and possible enforcement actions
- Identify and effectively communicate relevant health and safety information
- Advise on a range of common workplace health and safety issues including how these can be assessed, controlled and monitored
- Develop a health and safety policy strategy (including proactive safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and the change management process)
- Contribute to a risk management strategy
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and audit health and safety management systems
- Maintain individual and organisational health and safety competence
- Manage contractors and supply chains to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
The assessments focus on the application of knowledge to help you prepare for the health and safety tasks faced in the workplace.
The qualification units are assessed in the following way:
|DI1 – Know – workplace health and safety principles:||Assignment - workplace-based tasks together with simulations and reflective statements and a research topic|
|DI2 – Do – controlling workplace safety issues||Scenario-based case study|
|DI3 – Do – controlling workplace health issues:||Scenario-based case study|
The time-period given for you to complete each assessment reflects this:
Unit DI1: 4 weeks (20 working days)
Unit DI2: 2 weeks (10 working days)
Unit DI3: 2 weeks (10 working days)
All assessments will be checked via Turnitin plagiarism software and you will be required to have a closing interview with after each assessment.
As a learning partner we will be enrolling the Diploma learners with NEBOSH before assessment registration.
NEBOSH will publish the results after 50 working days after the submission date for your assessment. A unit certificate will be issued 20 working days after the notification date for each successful unit. Once you have passed all three unit assessments (DI1/DI2/DI3) your combined percentage mark will give your overall grade for the qualification (Distinction/Credit/Pass).
Distinction : 226 or higher
Credit : 196 – 225
Pass : 150 – 195
A qualification parchment will be issued by NEBOSH 20 working days after the results notification date for the third successful unit.
Mode of study
- Class Room
Ofqual AccreditationThe NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals (2023 specification) has been accredited and credit rated by Ofqual at RQF Level 6 with 42 credits
What's Next ?Graduation
To acknowledge the achievements of Diploma candidates, NEBOSH organises an annual Graduation & Awards Ceremony. Learners are invited to the next available graduation ceremony following successful completion of their Diploma.
Join the NEBOSH Alumni
Its free and easy for NEBOSH Diploma holders to join the NEBOSH Alumni. There are lots of benefits to signing up including the opportunity to network, invitations to CPD events and webinars, access to exclusive resources and the opportunity to help us shape the future of NEBOSH qualifications.
Add Designatory Letters after your name
You are entitled to use the designatory letters IDipNEBOSH after your name once you pass the NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals.
Further StudyNEBOSH offers a range of qualifications that bring you success and advancement in your chosen field.
- Diploma holders wishing to develop their environmental expertise may consider taking the NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Environmental Management.
- In addition, NEBOSH offer specialist qualifications for Construction, Fire, Oil & Gas and Process Industry sectors, as well as Leadership Excellence, and Wellbeing.
In partnership with NEBOSH, the University of Hull is offering Masters Degrees in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment subjects.
The following taught MSc qualifications in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management are available to NEBOSH Diploma holders:
- MSc in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- MSc in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- MSc in Environmental Management
- MRes in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- MRes in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- MRes in Environmental Management
A number of universities offer MSc programs which accept the NEBOSH Diplomas as a full or partial entry requirement. Some MSc courses may require additional qualifications/expertise, such as a degree, further significant work experience or expect learners to complete specific modules e.g. in environmental management. Listed below are some universities that may accept a NEBOSH International Diploma for entry. Prospective learners should contact their chosen university directly to confirm the entry requirements and check that their specific qualifications are appropriate.
- Loughborough University
- University of Greenwich
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Salford
- Middlesex University
- University of South Wales